WORD OF LIFE
LETTER FROM JOHN
The book of 1st John was written by John himself one of the apostles of Jesus Christ.
1ST John 1: 1-10
1. That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life.
2. For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;
3. That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanse us from all sin.
8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Here John is explaining that he, Jesus himself whom he had seen, looked upon was the true God. John was concerned in this letter about Antichrists that brought new ideals and tried to lead Gods people astray. He is saying Jesus is God. John explains that Jesus is who he says he is, our eternal savior. He’s saying we have seen him ( as an apostle he walked with him) we have heard him, another words our own eyes saw, heard and felt him. John writes this letter because he does not want believers to loose their Joy by buying the lies of these Antichrist people. He says God is light and in him is no darkness, and that if we as believers, walk in darkness, we lie, and do not practice truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, then we have fellowship with one another, and Jesus blood, covers us from all sins. We cannot say we have no sin, less we deceive our own self and the truth is not in us. But IF we Confess our sin, he is just to forgive us.
Remember to not let nay-Sayers lead you away from the true living God, Jesus Christ. If anyone brings another gospel that is not preached by the apostles, do not even give ear to it. Believers must be able to sort out truth from falsehood, with the spirit of discernment.
Lord I pray for the spirit of discernment for all members of the body of Christ. Let us not be deceived by deceivers, in Jesus name, amen!
Be blessed in Jesus name
This STUDY was Facilitated by Tera Brown @ SWORD STUDY DELIGHT via FACEBOOK