LETTER FROM JOHN
The book of 1st John was written by John himself one of the apostles of Jesus Christ.
1 John 3:1-6
1. See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
2. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
3. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.
4. Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.
5. But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.
6. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
Here John wants us to know what great love the father has for his children so much that we are called the children of God. The reason the world does not know us is because it did not know him.
The world does not accept the things of God nor does most of the world accept Christians.
But God tells us through out his word that this would happen.
He goes on to say what we will be is still not know, but when he Jesus appears we shall be like him perfect in all our ways.
As we have this hope in ourselves we should purify ourselves, just like Jesus. We should watch our lives, our language, our actions….are we glorifying God? Are people wondering why we are so different and why we don’t just follow the ways of this world. We are to bear fruit ( good works) in our walk with God.
Everyone who sins breaks the law, but Jesus appeared to take that sin away by becoming a sacrifice for our sins. His blood covers our sin IF we confess his as our Lord and Savior and believe he is the Lord.
Finally John says NO ONE who lives in God continues to sin.. why? Because the Holy Spirit indwells them and will enlighten them to sin, they will not be able to continue in that sin because gods spirit convicts their heart and they do not want to hurt God or live in a way that offends him. Holy Spirit is just that HOLY. He won’t allow his children to stay in the darkness of sin. If one claims to know God but lives in sin, he is a liar and the truth is not in him. God cannot agree with sin, for he is a Holy God.
Lord we thank you that you have called us your children. We ask that you help us walk in righteousness, never quenching the spirit. Help us Lord to produce good fruit, to fear you, to follow your word and not give into the sinful desires of the flesh.
To the prodigal son or Daughter, it’s not to late to come back home to the father. Repent and turn from darkness to light. The Fathers arms are waiting. ❤️❤️❤️
This STUDY was facilitated by Tera Brown @ SWORD STUDY DELIGHT via FACEBOOK