THE LORD IS YOUR PORTION
When storms of life are swallowing you whole, and the roars of seas, keeping you against the wall? Do you go to the WORD of God to find your answers?
We are overwhelmed with life, same old people getting blessed, same old people moving ahead, the wicked are setting traps for others, stepping over others to succeed, overstepping boundaries, when they should have been dealt with. Injustice is increasing, and the world is getting dark, and cold.
David too had enemies, and faced struggles. David constantly prayed to God, to answer his prayers, and hoped for God to come through for him. He wasn’t looking at the circumstances, or wallowed in his feelings. He did for a minute, but then he rose up, and praised GOD through his problems. His actions are evident, in these scriptures…
We can get so caught up, dwelling in our situation, and completely forget that OUR ANSWERS lie within GOD’s holy scriptures.
Do not fret because of those who are evil
or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.
Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.
Be still before the Lord
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Let us dissect this scripture a little closer. What can we learn from David?
1. NOT TO WORRY ! Don’t worry your pretty little head, for nothing, for the Lord takes care of everything. He feeds the birds, and clothes the lilies, will he not take care of you? Don’t worry about the wicked, for they will get their reward. Don’t worry about the finances, God will provide, because he is your provider, and your security. He will come to your rescue. Do not be anxious about anything, but instead pray about everything. Make your voice heard, cry out to the Lord. Worry blocks you from the presence of God, worry lets God know you are not trusting him, but instead leaning on your own understanding. Put it in the hands of GOD.
2. TO TRUST IN THE LORD! Do you have firm belief in integrity, ability, and character of the Almighty? If not, then it’s time to put your confidence in the Lord. It is time to prove your words, put your money where your mouth is. If you say you trust, then believe, and it shall be done unto you. If you ask without wavering, anything is possible to you, all the answers lie at your feet. When you trust, then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Without trust, you will worry, you will question, and you will feel distressed, and worry is unnecessary baggage, that weights you down.
3. TO TAKE DELIGHT IN THE LORD! Be content in whatever situation, circumstance you are in. Take great pleasure, and rejoice, for God is in control! He sees you, he sees the injustice, he sees everything. Nothing is hidden that will not be revealed. He is a rewarder of them, that search for him with all their heart. Place your trust, and be happy God is working things out, for your good.
4. TO COMMIT OUR WAYS TO THE LORD! Commit your plans, your hopes, your desires, into his mighty hands, in other words, SURRENDER, give it up to God. Don’t worry, but place your worries at his feet, place your doubts at his feet, place your hurts at his feet, your rejection at his feet, your offenses at his feet, your distress, and your anguish, ALL OF IT, place it at his feet.
5. TO STAY STILL! Stay still in your confidence that he’s delivering you from your troubles. Stand strong, and don’t be moved! Be still, and know, that he is your God, that he will deliver you from troubles. He will rescue those who are weak, from the clutches of the enemy. He protects the poor in spirit, and keeps them from all harm.
And last but not least…
6. WAIT PATIENTLY ! Wait on the Lord! Wait on his timing, for his timing is perfect, and he’s always on time, never late. Just like he was on time, when Lazarus was dead, and Martha thought he was late. Don’t you question him, rejoice instead, for waiting produces patience, and works endurance, develops perseverance.
While you are in your storm, REJOICE and ride out the wave, by standing un-bothered, and un-affected by the situations around you.
THE LORD IS YOUR PORTION !