Reading for Personal Growth, 40 Days with God Reflection by Matthew Myers
DAY 2 – Don’t let doubt in
This passage was part of my day’s reading and it really struck me.
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.
How many of us pray or ask God for things but don’t really believe we will see the fruits of our prayers?
Two different points here that really stand out to me.
1. If you really don’t think God is going to answer your prayer, then he won’t.
2. Without a firm faith and belief in God, you are “unstable” in everything in your life.
Even as a Christian, you need that unwavering faith to function. We all have our shortcomings in this, even the most devout, but to truly feel God’s power, and receive his many blessings, to the fullest we need to not doubt that our prayers will be answered. I am not saying I am good at this or any better at it than anyone. I am just relaying what this scripture says to me. I welcome your thoughts and comments.
THINK ABOUT IT.
If you have enjoyed this read, and would like to be part of 40 Day Challenge follow my brother on his page, Matthew Myers for support and encouragement. Share this, to be a blessing!
For more articles like this
- 40 Days with God: Day 13 – Live as children of light
- 40 Days with God: Day 12 -Follow Christ example
- 40 Days with God: Day 11 – We are Christs Handiwork
- 40 Days with God: Day 10 – It’s about Others too
- 40 Days with God: Day 9- You have Purpose