Reading for Personal Growth, 40 Days with God Reflection by Matthew Myers
Day 8 – It’s about Humility
Oh imagine my excitement when I opened my reading plan this morning and we had moved out of the book of James. These first few days have been hard on me. James has really put it on me. So I was all excited and started today’s reading.
“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people – robbers, evildoers, adulterers – or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’ But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
Well, here we go again. Another book, but the same thing. Stay humble. Plain and simple. We do not need to brag about our deeds or our holiness to God. He of all know everything about us and more. Also, a reminder again not to judge. The Pharisee looked down on the tax collector but the tax collector had a better relationship with God. That is what this is all about, building that relationship with our Father in heaven. For a stronger relationship, we need to come to Him with humility. Humility, a bitter pill for man and me to swallow. I will be thinking about these verses today. Trying to remember to keep things and my life in perspective. I welcome your feedback
THINK ABOUT IT
If you have been blessed, share to be a blessing
More articles like this
- 40 Days with God: Day 13 – Live as children of lightThe importance of living a Godly life
- 40 Days with God: Day 12 -Follow Christ exampleFOLLOW the example of Christ
- 40 Days with God: Day 11 – We are Christs HandiworkWe are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works
- 40 Days with God: Day 10 – It’s about Others tooThis passage is reminding us that it is about others more than it is about ourselves.
- 40 Days with God: Day 9- You have PurposeReading for Personal Growth, 40 Days with God Reflection by Matthew Myers Day 9- You […]